Letters Of Lamech
Six years and counting of on and off blogging... current events, Christianity, fun
Friday, September 08, 2006
There Is A Way Out!
First, thanks to Andrew for creating this safe haven! My Bono Fatigue started shortly after "Atomic " was released. I listened to the enhanced CD for 302 hours straight, even while sleeping. It was a total binge and I knew better. I also read that book of interviews with Bono, "Conversations," about six times.

During that same time I got "hooked" on the Africa cause really bad. I made myself feel sick about AIDS and poverty, to the point where I couldn't think about anything else. I OD'ed pretty bad and got the biggest case of BF. I couldn't even hear Bono's voice without feeling totally self-righteous and prophetic. I thought I was way hipper than all my non-U2 loving Christian friends. I even quit going to church and listened to U2 music on Sunday mornings as my "church."

I finally realized I had a problem, so I went cold turkey for 5 months, then weaned back onto their stuff. I have earned my family and friends back, and now I moderate my U2 intake. BF can be beat, people!

http://www.bonofatigue.com/

I knew people who suffered from this back in 1985. Anyone cry at the first few lines of "A Sort of Homecoming"?